Monday, December 1, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Is it worth the daily drive, money spent, and time away from home? Erica spent one month practicing for the musical Dear Edwina. Many times I asked myself if it was worth it.............Well, after watching the show and being able to hear this angelical voice the answer is.........Most definitely YES!!!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Now you know that I am not very vain to post this picture of myself in college. My Grandma always made me get PERMS! Look at the Hair!!! All you can see is my forhead!!! Look at that dress. I rememember thinking I was so hot in that. What was I thinking? Those eyebrows are plucked just perfect!! Many ask how I met Eric.................Well here it is..............Debbie...................She was my college roomate at BSU.......This is Eric's younger sister. When Debbie married I walked down the aisle with Eric.......If you want to hear more of this story I will tell you.........It has to do with sailing trips, staying on his sailboat, driving hours to Ohio to see him (and, oh yeah, my college room mate, Debbie).............XOXOXOX
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Eric is a man who likes to go to the same restaurants, order the same food, wear the same type of clothing (t-shirt & kakhi shorts), and drive the same car for years and years. For Father's Day we gave him the choice of going ANY where he chooses. I knew it either had to be Pinchers, Fish House, or Daruma. After long discussion he decided The Fish House! The beer is cheep on Sundays ($6 pitchers) and the walk is short! You gotta love this man!!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Friday, June 6, 2008
Thursday, June 5, 2008
· Write down appointments
· Do it Now- procrastination is stressful
· Plan ahead. Buy stamps, full tank of gas, groceries….
· Get rid of things that are broken
· Carry a book in case you have to wait
· For every one thing that goes wrong, there are 50 blessings. Count them.
· Turn needs into preferences. Our basic needs are food, water and shelter. All else is a preference.
· Simplify, simplify, simplify
· Make friends with nonworriers.
· Create order out of chaos. “EVERYTHING HAS A HOME!” Make sure a and put it there.
· Add an ounce of love to everything you do.
· Eliminate destructive self-talk: “I’m too old to….I’m too fat….”
· Take care of the todays as best as you can and the yesterdays and the tomorrows will take care of themselves.
· Do one thing at a time. When you are with someone, be with that person and with no one or nothing else.
· Do “unpleasant” tasks early in the day and get it over so you can be free of anxiety.
· Delegate responsibility to capable others
· Forget about counting to 10. Count to 1,000 before doing something that could make matters worse.
· Have a forgiving view of events and people.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Nates first comments when he got in the car were "I am not going back to that camp. The coaches are mean, the kids swear, and I have to eat lunch by myself."
Erica's first comments were teers. She noted that she doesn't have a speaking part, the kids were not friendly and she felt akward all day.
My reaction was not good. I thought to myself that I spent hundreds of dollars while driving everywhere. Of course as a mother you feel every emotion. So I did not sleep that night and felt every anxiety they were feeling.
The next day as I dropped the kids off I told them to stand tall and believe in themselves. They both looked miserable. I prayed continuously for God to help them. When I picked them both up they were smiling and said "Ok, I like my camp."