Thursday, June 5, 2008

TRUE LOVE

This is the present I got in the mail today from my brother who lives in Wisconsin. It cost him $32.00 to send in the mail. He has loads of this in his back yard. It is called Rhubarb. If you go to Publix you can purchase this for $4.50 a pound. When I was a child I grew up eating Rhubarb. My mom used to make pie and we would all fight over the last piece. Usually it was gone before the pie cooled. Now that I live in Florida I enjoy eating key lime pie and lemon pie. I am anticipating the taste of this glorious fruit (stem).

11 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

YUMO! You can have that with your grapefruit! lol

xoxo

Rayna said...

Hi Julie, love your blog!

Julie Frizzi said...

Oh my god.............I have 2 comments.............someone is reading this stuff...........crack me up.

Carin said...

hi julie! This is Carin, Kelle's sister!

Welcome to blogland! You'll be addicted in no time. :o)

Heidi said...

i have never had it, but it in now on my "Things to Do List."
#1 Taste Rhubarb Pie.
Yes, it is a new list, but long overdue:)
xoxo

Me said...

Ok... that's funny! Rhubarb in the mail, I love it. When he is sending the corn down?

Kelle said...

BLOGTASTIC, BABY!!! TRULY!!! And my mama make the best rhubarb-strawberry pie ever. It's heavenly...tart. Your brother is a doll...and so are you! Can't wait to read more!! xoxo

Jennifer said...

Hi Julie!!

Congratulations on your new blog!! I am SO PROUD OF YOU!! Welcome to our addictive, nutty litte world!! Adding you to my favorites right now...

xoxo
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

PS...I have many fond memories of eating rubarb with sugar in our neighbor's backyard in Minnesota...as well as the pie. We just picked it right out of the ground, ran it under the garden hose, and dipped it in a sugar filled cup.

Now THAT'S livin'. YUM YUM.

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Re: Jen's comment...

We did?????

(crinkled up, confused face)

carie said...

love rhubarb...pic, raw...it makes no difference! welcome Julie. you are going to love it. by the way, kinsey has the strangest (and funny) pic of your daugther on her cell phone! take care. carie