Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Taking Risks

Taking a Risk: We always preach to take risks in life. This makes our life more rich and meaningful and allows us to discover new passions. This week Erica and Nate signed up to do camps in Naples. Nate chose (with the help of mom) to do a Barron Collier football camp. Erica chose a theatre camp in Naples.

Nates first comments when he got in the car were "I am not going back to that camp. The coaches are mean, the kids swear, and I have to eat lunch by myself."

Erica's first comments were teers. She noted that she doesn't have a speaking part, the kids were not friendly and she felt akward all day.

My reaction was not good. I thought to myself that I spent hundreds of dollars while driving everywhere. Of course as a mother you feel every emotion. So I did not sleep that night and felt every anxiety they were feeling.

The next day as I dropped the kids off I told them to stand tall and believe in themselves. They both looked miserable. I prayed continuously for God to help them. When I picked them both up they were smiling and said "Ok, I like my camp."

No comments: